Through a special relationship with local water sports provider, Ocean Vibes Scuba & Watersports, The Sands at Grace Bay is able to offer guests numerous ways to stay active outdoors and explore the Turks & Caicos Islands with a long list of exciting adventures. For outdoor adventurers and sun-seeking guests, The Sands at Grace Bay provides free use of bikes, kayaks, windsurfing equipment, snorkel gear and Hobie Cats.Â For visitors seeking off-site adventure, below is a list of 10 exciting Turks & Caicos Island excursions that The Sands at Grace Bay can help guests arrange on their next visit:
1. SCUBA Diving: Day trips, night dives and customized SCUBA Â charters to the islandsâ€™ best dive sites. Not Scuba certified? Ocean Vibes can have you underwater in a matter of hours!
2. SNUBA Excursions: SNUBA allows guests to go beyond snorkeling and more fully experience the wonders of the underwater world. SNUBA is a unique, shallow water diving system that bridges the gap between snorkeling and Scuba diving allowing you to go 20 feet below the waterâ€™s surface – itâ€™s safe, easy and does not require certification!
3. SAILING: sailing aboard a custom-made catamaran with SCUBA/snorkeling stops at the world-famous North East shore of Providenciales, Iguana Island and beautiful uninhabited desert cays.
4. PARASAILING: Single or tandem parasailing offers guests the most breath-taking views of the islands from high in the sky.
5. SPELUNKING ON MIDDLE CAICOS: This adventure begins with a scenic boat ride from Provo to North Caicos, where youâ€™ll stop along the way to snorkel on the barrier reef, and then you will set off to explore the conch bar caves and venture deep inside the earth with your native guide to view stalactites & stalagmites, bats, white owls and incredible limestone formations.
6. CATAMARAN SAILING: A popular and romantic option for adults is the 2-hour CHAMPAGNE SUNSET CRUISE â€“ where you will have time to snorkel, visit Iguana Island, sip champagne and enjoy finger foods while sailing off into the sunset with a guest.
7. FISHING: Bone Fishing on the flats (spin rods included, fly rods available); bottom fishing for snapper, grouper and barracuda; and deep sea fishing (trolling) for tuna, wahoo, marlin and mahi-mahi are incredible day trips for both experienced and novice anglers!
8. SNORKELING TRIPS: Half and full-day snorkel trips and private snorkel charters enable guests to experience some of the best spots that make the Turks & Caicos Islands a world-famous snorkeling destination. On the half-day snorkel trip youâ€™ll visit Iguana Island, snorkel along the barrier reef, dive for conch and watch the crew prepare a fresh conch salad and enjoy complimentary snacks, drinks and rum punch!
9. PRIVATE ISLAND ESCAPE/BOAT RENTAL: Â Want to set your own schedule and enjoy a private island escape with your family or loved one? We can offer you our 24-foot boat rental for Iguana Island trips, snorkeling or just cruising the beautiful waters of Grace Bay and the North Side of Providenciales. Beach pick-up, drinks, and snacks are provided!
10. HORSEBACK RIDING: horseback riding along the secluded beaches at Long Bay is a truly unforgettable experience. We allow proficient equestrians to ride along the beach, and trained professionals can assist riders of all abilities.
In addition to this sampling of excursions, guests can also design their own out-island excursions, ATV along the beach and partake in a Glow Worm Cruise, Kayak Tour and much more. With Ocean Vibesâ€™ concierge desk located just a couple of steps the resortâ€™s main pool and beach access â€“ guests can simply charge these services right to their room and book everything in a bathing suit.Â Visitour website for the list of excursions offered by The Sands at Grace Bay and Ocean Vibes, as well as for pricing and additional information.